Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Preparing for 1 once again..

I just took Luke to his 9 mo. check-up. I can't believe it - his next check-up will be his one-year. AND I will have a 3 year old at the same time. Time really flies.
I hate to admit this, but the second "first year" went a lot faster than the first. Perhaps that's because I had another child to watch also, or - and I'd like to think this - I was a bit more relaxed and experienced. I really did try to "enjoy" everything this time, from newborn to almost walker, and it's been great! Or maybe Luke was just a lower-maintenance child. Whatever the reason, the past 9.5 months have gone so fast and I am sad to think that Luke will soon be a little toddler.
I will miss his army crawl when it finally disappears. I will miss nursing him, because it is finally enjoyable! I will miss the cute comments people say as we walk through the store - "Oh, look at that cute baby." You can't really say that when they are walking, ripping things off the shelves. We have also had to start disciplining, and that's really not my favorite part of parenting. Important? Oh yes - but not super warm and squishy. It's fun when you can just lay them down and they stay where you put them...without destruction occurring. I will miss him NOT talking, but giving the cutest giggles and smiles to all his family members.....well, I guess that won't change right away.
And so I will happily conclude that my favorite age with Lydia (so far) was age 12-18 months - and seeing as Luke will be right at that age this summer, I guess I have some fun to look forward to anyways. Growing-up can be super amazing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment