Wednesday, February 16, 2011

to blog or not to blog....

To quote a friend, I have always thought that blogging was a bit narcissistic and mainly a way for people to spew their thoughts all over the internet. Well, my views have changed as I have seen quite a few friends on facebook start up their own blogs - and about mothering, of all things!

I have come to realize that a blog is not necessarily so much for others to read, but more for the author to write. I have sooooo many random, creative, important, or just plain funny thoughts throughout the day that I would like to share with someone who is over 2 years old - you know, an adult. And even if no one wants to listen, I think that it is still good for me to express these thoughts and ideas for my own mental sanity, and my husbands as well. (You know all women save their thoughts until bedtime...:)

I also hope to use this blog as a journal of sorts; and one that perhaps will be useful/entertaining to my kids in the future. When Nathan comes home at the end of the day, I don't have to rush over to my antiquated paper list of thoughts - I can go to my blog and show him my ponderings. And yes, perhaps I WILL even make a few internet friends who I can share with as well.

Well, thanks virginiaisformothers - you are my little blog muse! And thanks to anyone who is willing to read....

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome, dear! P.S. Did you see you can highlight a phrase, click on "link" and link to the site? It will show up in a different color so people can click through to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Becks :) It is very representative of you I think, the colors and everything, it looks great! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete