Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years Resolutions and Supplications

2013 will be a year of changes for the Hardenbrooks:  we will be having a baby, applying for new job positions, thinking about moving houses, sending our first child to school and all other kinds of things. I am excited, yet very anxious, for all of these changes and for the new year that is spread out before me. I think I have become more aware of life's hardships and blessings over the past year, and I have many resolutions for myself and supplications to God.

1. to gain more peace and trust in all aspects of my life (especially parenting and eternal issues) through a closer relationship to Christ.

2. to pray for my children and husband more and more productively.

3. to enjoy time with my children and play with them more often.

4. to see my (extended) family more and be closer to them.

5. to have a safe delivery of a healthy baby in June.

6. to go out more with my husband (before June - ha ha!!!)

7. to run throughout my pregnancy.....and then post pregnancy too.

8. to maintain a reasonably positive attitude throughout the first 6 months (and really the first year) of my new baby's life. I want to enjoy this baby more than I have ever enjoyed a baby!

9. to continue to improve my healthy eating habits.

10. to teach Lydia to swim underwater, tie her shoes and read.

11. to teach Luke to pedal a bike and recognize his letters and numbers.

12. to teach Nathan to..... :)

13. to read more than I watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment