Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sweet 16

I am officially 17 weeks pregnant as of today! That means I just made it through my 16th week, and wow was that week awesome! I feel great!!!! FINALLY! I don't even feel very sick at night, (which had been lingering in the 15th week.) I hate to admit it, but I can't even conjure-up a feeling that is close to how bad I felt for the past 2.5 months....so, I'll just keep reminding myself that it was terrible and I am so lucky now!

Since I feel better, I can love eating again! Oh joy!!! This means I can eat snacks and enjoy parties and not stuff food down my throat for the sake of calories - I can just indulge for the love of eating (and health!) I have probably eaten more sweet things in the past 1.5 weeks than I have over the past 3 months - and I really am not pigging out! I just couldn't stand desserts while I was sick, and now I can look forward to them again. Chicken is still on the fence for me, but I did eat Chick-fil-A the other day. ha ha!

I am also sleeping better and longer. I don't wake-up at 6:30am to go to the bathroom and then rush to the kitchen to eat. I even took a shower before breakfast today - wow!

The best thing is that I can finally feel the baby moving every day. It's not a ton of movement, but it is a few cute kicks and rolls that remind me that I do truly have a human being inside of me. It's an amazing feeling and I have been just waiting for it! I now, again, love being pregnant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment