Samuel is 8 months old and saying a bunch of really cute sounds! He has not said any words yet, but he has been "practicing". (I classify a word as something said with a purpose behind it) I am happy to announce that one of his first, and most intelligent sounds, was "mama". I was thrilled! I really think he was trying to use it correctly - he usually said it when he wanted me or when he wanted food (and, in all fairness, those are kind of synonymous at this point.)
Everyone heard him saying "mama" and I was really very tickled that it looked like he would be the first child to say my name first! I think Nathan was even a bit jealous....ha ha.... But then, all of a sudden, he stopped. He refused to say mama any more. He won't even make the sound. AND, even worse, he has started saying "dada" all the time!
I spoke to him gently about this. I reminded him that he was going to be the best and most favorite and perfect little child if he went back to saying mama. I believe I may have promised him things like no grounding ever and an award for being the "golden child", etc. etc. etc.....but, to no avail. A whole week has gone by and not a single "M" sound. But dada - well, not only is the word super fun to say, but the person is now a favorite too! He always wants to be held by Nathan.
I feel deserted.
But, I supposed it's ok - he is a boy. Daddy will be his hero :)
No comments:
Post a Comment