Friday, March 23, 2012

Learning in East Asia

Of course, as with any trip or experience in life, I learned a whole bunch of things while I was in East Asia. Some were personal things, some were spiritual things, some were family/future/pondering things. I'd love to share with anyone who is interested in learning more about what I got to do while I was in East Asia, and about how I changed and grew. Here are a few brief statements about those lessons (because I can tend to get long winded with things I am passionate about. NO comments please)

1. Eternity is real. For EVERYONE. I need to think about it, pray about it, talk about it and influence it as much as possible.

2. The harvest is VERY plentiful and the workers are VERY few. If I have even the slightest thought about being able/willing to go into the world to preach the Gospel, then maybe I should go or I should consider it very carefully.

3. Prayer is real. It works. It is not like rubbing a dusty lamp and wishing for a genie to appear, but it changes lives and eternity through God's good pleasure. It is most powerful as a group, a church, a body of Christ lifting-up requests together.

4. I must share the Gospel more. God has clearly prepared certain people to hear and accept the Gospel, but they must hear it in order to accept it as truth. If fear is the only thing standing in my way of sharing the Gospel, I can remember what I felt in East Asia and take heart. The Gospel has power enough by ITSELF to save souls and win them over.

No comments:

Post a Comment