My family was here for the past nine days. I loved having grandparents around to spoil the kids, a sister around to shop with and people who have made it past kindergarden to converse with throughout the day. There are so many fun things you get to do when family visits - such as......
- go out to eat! For a mom on a budget, this is like heaven!
- go on outings with only adults, multiple times in a week!
- make special recipes and eat tons of desserts :)
- visit all of the kids' favorite places in a matter of days (Discovery Kid's Museum, Dan Nicholas Park, the splashpad, etc)
- when I was sick with a stomach bug, I actually had my own nurse....and she literally has an RN!
- did I mention the piles of s'mores, ice cream and donuts that we ate? :)
- feel justified in taking a short snooze in the afternoons, because everyone else was
- ignore house work because, hey, you have family here and that's more important! (everyone did run out of underwear, but oh well!)
- stay-up late watching TV and enjoying each other's company
I miss them already.
No comments:
Post a Comment