Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lost Little Girl

There is a little girl who lives a few streets down from us. We travel past her house almost every time we come home on the highway. Her house is on a street that faces the railroad tracks. It's nice - not the best, but not the worst either.

This little girl is probably around 13 years old. I can tell she is not quite a woman, but neither is she a girl. She is very pretty, and always dressed in a fashionable way. And she has a cell phone, which she uses quite often.

There are many things I wonder about this little girl. First, does she go to school? Because I have seen her outside, roaming around with her cell phone, during school hours. Does she live with any adults? Every time I go past her house I see her out - alone - on a stool, starring into her cell phone. What is she looking at - and who is paying for that bill? (ha ha)

But more importantly I want to know, why doesn't she look at her phone inside? Why isn't a mom or a dad or a grandparent calling her into their living room once the sun sets and darkness presides? I'd like to be the very naive person that I am and hope that she just likes to be outside, and she just needs some reception and she has a reasonable bedtime each night.....but in all reality, I could probably assume the opposite.

No one cares that she's outside every night. She isn't just facebooking her friends; she's talking with people she shouldn't be in contact with. She has shared her personal information with men and woman across the country, all of whom could easily find her outside - every night - in the same place that I find her.

She is a very lost little girl. I wish I could help her to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment