Saturday, November 23, 2013

FB thoughts

Recently I have been really thinking about what I post on FB. Not just what I post, but what I share or like or comment on. I don't want to over think it, because in some cases it's just trivial stuff - I think it's ok to crack a joke or share an opinion on things like haircuts or weird scientific discoveries. In some ways FB is not real life (despite what some people think), and it's ok to share random or crazy things. But, I do have remember that I have over 400 "friends" that can read anything that I've posted. The printed words DOES affect us as people and a society.

So, here are a few of my musings. Perhaps some of them will ring true to you:

- are the things that I'm sharing completely reflecting my personal beliefs?
- what if I used FB to actually post good things about other people? To brag ON THEM?
- am I sharing things that other people really don't want to know about?
- do my posts ever put others down?
- am I being honest in what I am sharing (either positive or negative thoughts/events)?

No comments:

Post a Comment