The other day we found a little plastic baby that was given to us at a Crisis Pregnancy Center tent at a festival. The baby is supposed to be true-to-life size of a 10-12 week old baby in utero. Here is what the baby looks like compared to Samuel; it is almost the same size as his ear!
I then realized that Samuel was this size almost exactly ONE YEAR ago. I was about 10-12 weeks pregnant, sick as a dog!, and I had no idea that the child that I carried was Samuel. I couldn't see him (he would be but a dot on an ultrasound, if we had gotten one), I couldn't feel him, I didn't know if he was a boy or a girl.
But God knew him and steadily created him in my womb. God knew he would be Samuel from before he was even made by the joining of two cells, and God considered him alive even when we had no idea that he was being formed. At 10 weeks of life, one year ago, Samuel had a beating heart, facial features, legs, arms, feelings and thoughts. I could do nothing to save his life is something went wrong, but God was there with him the whole time.
Psalm 139:13-16
"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in your book were all written the days that were ordained for me. When as yet there was not one of them."
No comments:
Post a Comment