Friday, May 27, 2011

Playtime Antics

So yesterday during playtime, two hilarious things happened with Lydia. First of all, we were playing cashier with her little stand-up cash register - a favorite toy - and it makes real cash register sounds. It was my turn to be the cashier, and I asked if she needed a camera (conveniently, Luke had a little toy camera in the toy box on the floor). She looked at me with a serious face, and her arms started flying as she explained, " Yes, we need a camera because we just don't have any at home. They all broke. But we went to Sam's to get one, and there were NONE ON SALE. So, we came here, but we just didn't know if there were ANY ON SALE. Are there?"
Suppressing a smile, I checked on my cash register and replied, "Yes, there are some on SALE!"
True joy radiated on her face. :)

Then, we moved to her room to play baby. Oh, I hate playing baby. I have to do it multiple times each day - and usually I'm the baby. But, we were playing it. Lydia was cooking me food, and she suddenly went over to her doll crib. She pulled out a baby and started shoving it under her dress.
"Are you having a baby?" I asked. Sheepishly, she nodded her head. But, the baby she had chosen was a little big. I shoved it up under her and dress and she got upset because it was more to one side of her belly. Then as she moved away, the baby suddenly plopped out onto the floor! I almost burst out in laughter and said, "Oh, she came quicker than expected."
She then got another, smaller baby and we put her in head down. She told me that that is not how a baby goes - oh on the contrary - it is! When I asked her when she was due, and she said 4 weeks. Oh my, that was the shortest 4 weeks ever......but she had a girl, in case you were wondering. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment