Sunday, June 26, 2011

Luke is Learning

Today as I got Luke ready for a nap, he wanted to play with something on his changing table. I said no, and we sat down on the rocking chair. He was so mad, that he looked up right into my eyes and hit me in the face!

I looked at him really sternly and said, "NO SIR! WE DO NOT HIT!" And then he promptly burst into tears.

After a few seconds of letting him cry, I said, "Lukey. You can give MaMa a hug and say you're sorry." Immediately he buried his head into me, and I kissed him and told him I forgave him. And you know what? He stopped crying and was happy again right away.

This little incident showed me a few very clear steps that Luke is making in his mental and "soul" growth.
- He can get angry about specific things, and express that anger
- He knows when he has done something wrong (sometimes)
- He can feel true remorse and express sorrow over his actions
- He LONGS for restoration after he's done something bad

These are the cool parts of parenting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment