Sunday, June 26, 2011

OH COUPONS!

This is really just a short little venting session.

Most Sundays, on the way  home from church, we buy a Sunday paper. Let me just be honest - I buy the paper for one reason, and one reason only. Coupons. (And the sale papers that correlate with the coupons.)  Nathan tries to read a few "news" stories, and then shares them with me. I feel embarrassed, but I have to admit the truth.

Anyways, we buy the paper on the way home at a local gas station. If that gas station is out - which happens quite often - then we go to the next one. Sometimes we drive to 2 or 3 gas stations on the way home...which can take a few extra minutes. Then there's the issue of having 8 quarters in your possession - which RARELY happens - so we have to go into the store and exchange our dollars for quarters. (sometimes we don't even have two dollars!)

After all this, I finally have a paper in my possession. But recently.....I have no coupons!!!! Ok, seriously - who takes the coupons??!!!?? I mean, who needs of double of every coupon. And what kind of people buy one paper, and take the time to steal the next paper's coupons? I have to say, I've come to the conclusion that it's the "older" people - because I certainly don't know any younger people who would take extra coupons. In fact, very few younger people even buy newspapers any more. I can just see it now; some older lady, down the street in Kannapolis, has 4 sets of coupons and I have none. Grrr........

The worst part is that there is no one to complain to about this. The gas station has nothing to do with the newspaper; they just let them have a place to sell it outside. And the newspaper people can't keep track of each set of coupons. I noticed a sign on the newspaper box today that said "Stealing Newspapers is an Offense that can get you up to ONE YEAR in Prison." Hmmm....I think they need to set out a camera and see who's stealing my coupons!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could request to have just the Sunday paper delivered to your home. It would be there when you wake up on SUnday morning, and it would have coupons:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! A couponer after my own heart! May I suggest subscribing to the paper. Delivered to your door, no extra gas driving around. And it comes in a nice little bag so you don't have to worry about missing coupon inserts. Sometimes you even get extra inserts! :D Plus, no need to check for those extra $$ in your pocket.

    ReplyDelete