I LOVE coconut. I always have. You know those double coconut cream eggs they sell at Easter time? My FAVORITE! I'll eat coconut on sweet things, salty thing and even meat dishes; it's just that good.
So, it's surprising that I haven't cooked with coconut oil before now. It has just recently become more of a popular oil to use in cooking because it's one of those "good fats". Plus, it smells divine when you're cooking with it! I was actually inspired to find some because I was reading a blog one day that talked about all of the health benefits that come from using coconut oil.
Although I only plan to use it for healthy cooking and perhaps some smoother skin, here is a website that lists a variety of potential benefits (don't trust everything you read on the internet):
http://coconutoil.com/
ps - if you're looking for a good place to buy some coconut oil, they sell small containers at Trader Joe's and a nice big tub at Sam's Club for a great price!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment