Luke has been such a cutie lately. He is so into his Daddy (as I am also, but for different reasons :) Every day, Luke plays pretend - and what does he pretend to be? A "daddy", with the same job as his daddy.
Here is how it gets played out every day: First, he has to announce to everyone that he is a daddy. He actually came into me as I vacuumed the other day and shouted in my ear "Mommy, I am a daddy." and then he walked away. After he makes this announcement you have to address him as "daddy". He tells us that our family has two daddies in it and we are all adults (except for Lydia, apparently.)
Then he announces where he works - same place as his daddy. Same division. But, he has been on longer and has been accepted into EVERY SINGLE SPECIALTY GROUP that Nathan has not made it onto yet. :) Guess Luke's just been a little more hardworking.....and a very good listener when it comes to adult conversations.
Next he puts on his tool belt, which has become a belt for other jobs as well, and he goes to work. He always uses the same belt, the same flashlight, he sits on the same rocking chair, uses the same pen and tablet to write his "notes" down. It's really super adorable. The rocking chair is his car and his dog's name is "Bullet". He cleaned his toy gun along with Nathan last night. Today he choose to not watch a movie with his sister so he could sit on the couch and tell me about what he had done on his shift. Very seriously.
It makes me so happy that he really loves and respects his daddy so much. He truly wants to be like him - but he is also looking for support and encouragement that he can one day be a real, useful adult. He often says, "When I grow-up, I want to be a...." and we always say, "We are sure you can! Just work hard!" He always gets a huge smile on his face.
Today at lunch he told Nathan, "Daddy, I love you. You are the best dad. In the whole. Wide. World. That's why everyone likes you."
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment