Monday, June 24, 2013

the many faces of nursing

It's amazing how quickly you can remember a certain feeling or time in your life once you relive it again. Pretty much all of pregnancy, childbirth and having a newborn is like that for me. Nursing is no exception; I couldn't imagine having to do it again, and now it seems like I never stopped (or ever will!)

There are so many different feelings that I experience while I am nursing - and by round #3, those feelings have become like old friends that I can welcome back simply because of who they are...not because I necessarily like them. :)

- the first time I nurse:  amazement, excitement and a little bit of pain
- the first week of nursing:  wet, sleepless and a large bit of pain
- the nigh time nursing:  I look at the clock and it's already been 20 minutes....guess I fell asleep!
- the angry nursing:  that darn baby woke me up again! and I stew as I nurse
- the adorable nursing:  I've never seen a cuter, more quiet baby in my life!
- the daily nursing:  it's that time again, but it's a few minutes to be alone and just sit down

No comments:

Post a Comment