Yesterday Nathan and I went to the post office to send two packages. I have written before about the post office, so I will not go into the craziness that always ensues on such outings; I will just assume it is understood.
Anyways, as we stood at the desk for the second time, 25 minutes after we had walked into the building, the man next to us realized he had a problem. He did not have the zip code of the person that he was sending a package to. He looked worried and confused (because he too had been in there for about 20 minutes), and then he looked over at us.
"Do you have a phone that I could borrow?" he asked.
"Sure!" I said, and I reached into my pocket and offered my phone.
"Could you look up a zip code?" he said.
"Uh.....Nope. This isn't a smart phone." (me)
"Oh." (him)
Why in the world would I have assumed he wanted to just make a CALL on a PHONE?
21st century LOOOOOSER right here.
No comments:
Post a Comment