This morning I was feeling pretty overwhelmed. Nathan has been away for a while and I had a ton to get done, plus visit with him, take care of the kids, cook, clean. While in my head I knew that I should just relax and choose a few things to do, I instead complained to Nathan about all that I needed to get done.
Then the kids asked us to come in and watch their dance they had practiced. It was adorable - music, costumes and lots of slow, emotional made-up dance moves. It brought me to tears, and Nathan and I just reveled in the beauty and love of our children. I also thought about Samuel and how fun and precious he has become over the past few weeks as well; so snuggly and loving. It reminded me of all the times that I have been told to enjoy the time I have with my kids because it will pass by so quickly. And the lectures about how chores and other household problems can wait, while the special moments with my children will fly by. These truths are so very real; yet I so quickly forget them. I feel like I need to be reminded every day about how to be a truly good mommy with a thankful heart.
Soooo, I know these type of thoughts are often talked about in mommy circles and parenting books. I know this has been blogged about multiple times by tons of people (including myself). But, the truth is sometimes very easy to talk about, but hard to accept. If my writing has encouraged even one person to change their attitude and savor a few precious moments with their kids and family today, I think it is worth it.
After all, savoring the moment really just means thanking and acknowledging God for all the good gifts He has given to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment