Thursday, July 7, 2011

a FB shout out

This is just a short shout out to my many friends on facebook who are going through the first year - and even beyond - of childrearing. It is a HARD HARD job! But, someone's got to do it! And I so appreciate when mothers (and fathers) are HONEST about their STRUGGLES, DIFFICULTIES, JOYS, and EXCITEMENT in being parents. It helps to give me hope, and to remind me that I am normal even when it's been a hard day.

Sometimes when you meet someone who acts as though nothing has ever been difficult about delivering a baby, caring for it, feeding it, changing it, nursing it, getting it to sleep, discipling it - well you get the point - you feel as if perhaps you are missing the boat. Or just going insane. But I have come to realize that those people are truly few and far between (and they should be SO thankful for having such easy children!) Most of us experience the same daily difficulties, and sharing with other parents is one of the best ways to grow and get through those times. It's also really fun to just enjoy our babies together and thank God for the blessing!

So here's the shout out:  to K.E., A.M., A.K., J.C., N.H., E.P., B.L., K.L. and many more - GOOD JOB MAMA'S! You're doing great - and I appreciate you sharing your lives with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment