Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Preparing for Camp.....

I kind of feel like a kid again. I am preparing to go to youth group camp! I bought a big supply of sugary candy yesterday, and Nathan just showed me how to "stuff-up" the sleeping bag. :) I am wondering which shoes and swimsuit to bring, and I have to decide how much cash I will need for the snack shack.

The only HUGELY different aspect of going to camp this year, is that I am leaving two children and a husband behind. Oh I am sad! I know, I know - I should be happy! At least, a little excited for a whole five days without house chores or children to take care of. And I am, really. But I'm also nervous; as this is the first time I've ever left Luke overnight, and longest time I've been away from either of them. Not to mention, I will miss Nathan tremendously!

Lucky for me, my mother-in-law is coming to watch the kids and keep the home front running. She is a great cook, a cleaner after my own heart, and she will probably spoil the kids with lots of fun things to do all week.....enough that they probably won't even know I'm gone. I hope. Or, I kind of don't hope.....oh, it's just so confusing being a mom! :)

What I am praying for the most, is that I will be willing to use this time to seek The Lord, and to lead others to Him. I have been saying that I want to spend some of my time as a mom not just watching my kids, but volunteering with others and using my time, talents, and provisions for others. This summer I am not pregnant or nursing, we have a "new" van that will be very helpful on the trip, and I have the "free time" to do go. I believe that God wants me to do this not just because I said I could help, but because He wants to change me and others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment