I am not a normal person when it comes to personal body temperature - I understand this, and accept it. I am usually freezing when the weather is anything below 70, and I'd much rather be sweating hot than cold any time of the year. Needless to say, I LOVE North Carolina summers; although it has been unusually hot the past few weeks. Until yesterday, it was in the 90's almost every day for two weeks! That's hot! But I am writing to assure you, there is much to be thankful for in the heat.
1. Heat makes things GROW: We got to pick our luscious local blackberries last weekend, and they were gorgeous and sweet. We are also going to pick blueberries tonight. And the tomatoes in our OWN garden are doing great! Guess what they need to grow? HEAT! And plenty of it!
2. Heat creates opportunities for fun: Whether it be playing outside in the mugginess, or enjoying a nice juicy slice of watermelon, my kids have fun in the heat. We don't stay inside in the AC all day long, because a little sweat is good for the body and fun for the soul! And believe me, they sweat like their Daddy! :)
3. Heat helps me save $: The other day I washed three loads of laundry, hung them out to dry, took them down and had them folded by 3pm! WOW! I felt great about how I had saved my money, and taken advantage of a God given blessing as well. Free laundry drying! :)
This post goes out to all of you who just hate the heat - and I know quite a few of you.....perhaps opposites attract. :) hee hee Hopefully next time you feel negativity toward the heat, you can enjoy one of these positive aspects of it!


No comments:
Post a Comment