Lydia's games are getting more and more complicated and intense these days. She reminds me so much of myself at that age....I really can't believe it. :) Here are a few past times she's been enjoying:
1. "Mommy, Daddy and baby" - her role varies from mommy to baby, but she is never the dad. Lukey is always involved, and he gets to the baby or daddy. I am also a changing character, but I'm usually the mommy.....and oh yes, we are usually pregnant. Both of us. Together. :)
2. "Doctor" - her doctor kit is hung around the room and the patients have to leave and wait in the waiting room. Once our names are called, we will enter the examination room and Dr. Lydia proceeds to ask us MANY questions about our health and our baby's health.....and I'm usually pregnant. Again.
3. "Cooking" - this usually relates to whatever events we have done during the day; we bake a birthday cake, we make a meal for new mommies, we create a broth (what 3 yr old says that?) that will help a sickness go away. What drives me crazy, is that we rarely finish our cooking and get to eat!
4. Coloring - this is not a pretend game, but it sure is a favorite! Lydia loves to color in the lines, with a variety of colors, shapes and designs...also include a few letters and her name a few times....and then her masterpiece must be presented to someone - usually me or Nathan, and I cannot tell you how many have been recycled. :( I finally suggested that she start making some pictures to include in our Christmas cards, so you may all have at least one, very soon.
5. "Pharmacy"- This involves using her cashier stand, lots of old credit cards and a play phone. She then pretends to be the drive-up pharmacist who talks through the phone to the customer (me) waiting outside. I need to give her my insurance card and then my credit card, and she always has some new and interesting medicine for sale!
6. "Re-enacting" - this is a new game that she just created this past weekend. We were outside and she set-up a "very old" cooking stove under the porch. Then she proceeded to cook grass and wood chips on it for our re-enacting. It made me so happy, that I pretty much felt that my life goals for Lydia are almost complete. Now, she only needs to find a best friend to play these games with....one preferably with a lot of dress-up, is willing to be the man and one that has an empty bus parking lot behind her home - and she will be set!
No comments:
Post a Comment