Monday, November 21, 2011

Weird Happenings

Today was a very strange day. I experienced three very abnormal events.

First of all, Luke cried/screamed/stayed awake from 3:00 - 6:00am last night. I thought that only happened with infants...but no, it continues. I am hoping there is actually a reason, like his teeth coming in, but who really knows. All I know is that Nathan and I were quite tired this morning when we finally pulled him into  our bed at 6:00am (after letting him scream, giving him medicine, turning on the light and giving him books, etc)

Secondly, I witnessed my first accident. It was not pretty at all, but thankfully no one was really hurt. A large Tundra truck in front of me was t-boned by a PT Cruiser. If the truck hadn't been there, I would have been next in line. I am so thankful that I am ok! The sight of two cars hitting with such a hard force - and the noise! - it's enough to get your heart racing. Plus, I jumped out and started talking to the girl in the truck, and tried to keep her calm. My first responder skills were just emanating out of me.....ha ha

Lastly, I got a call from someone at the Good Morning America Show. For real. Probably one of the coolest calls ever....although I realized pretty much immediately that I had nothing to say about their question. They had found out that I had received a scholarship from the Second Mile scholarship fund in high school.....run by Jerry Sandusky.....see the connection here? I had actually been on stage with him for a few minutes - but that was it. Lucky for me, my Dad had reminded me of this fact when the scandal broke, or else I would have sounded like an idiot on the phone when she said, "You've probably been hounded by media and other press agents already...." and I was thinking, "You've got the wrong Rebecca."

All in all, not a bad day. Add to that my lovely temper tantrum experience and I'm ready to call it a night - but thankful for protection and good family today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment