Sunday, June 10, 2012

TOH Report

Well, I got my new TOH magazine about two weeks ago, and I was a little hesitant to open it. Sometimes I am excited to see all the new summer creations and delicious recipes inside, but other times I just feel overwhelmed by all the options. Plus, TOH is kind of on and off for me - sometimes they are stock full of good ideas and easy, not too expensive dishes. Other times, like last month, I felt like there was nothing I could actually make for my family.

I am happy to report that the latest issue (June/July 2012) is a GREAT one, and I have already made a ton of recipes out of it. I am not quite sure why it's been so much more user friendly; it could just be the recipes, or perhaps because I had a nice chunk of time to look and plan ahead with meals. Whatever the reason, I have found some keepers! So, I guess that even though this was technically my last TOH that I have paid for, I will probably buy another year's subscription.

Now, here is what I suggest so far.......and I always appreciate people sharing recipes with me too, so please let me know what you have been cooking!! :) And if you'd suggest a different cooking magazine, let me know!

p. 63 Balsamic Roasted Sausage & Grapes with Linguine - it was amazing! The grapes get all sweet and squishy, and we had fresh, local sausage. Yum!

p. 52 Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes - probably my favorite so far because they were SO easy to make and super cute. The kids loved these as part of our "breakfast" supper.

p. 50 Sausage & Pepper Sliders - a classic dinner with a really yummy sauce for the veggies, which makes it extra yummy.

p. 50 PB Milkshakes - super yummy!!!!!!

p. 49 Spicy Corn Kabobs - my new favorite way to make grilled corn. I added chives to mine as well, and the kids loved having them on kabobs (just need to find some metal ones so they don't burn! :)

p. 48 Batter-Up Walleye - we used fresh Cod, and it was very good. Luke ate it like candy, and although it was fried, I think it was pretty healthy.

p. 48 Garlic-Chive Baked Fries - I always struggle with having baked fries/potatoes be crispy and flavorful; these were pretty good on both accounts.

Next up...Blueberry-Dijon Chicken on p. 54!

No comments:

Post a Comment