My kids have been extremely cute and loving lately. They have still been normal kids, but they have had some really sweet moments. Moments that I do not want to forget, and I want to share, so I have great things to remember when the current memories are not so great. :) Plus, they will never be two and four again, and it may never be just these two little kids playing during the summer. So, I am enjoying these precious moments.
1. Luke has been so loving lately. He looks me in the eyes, gives me a full lip kiss and then says, "Mommy? I love you. I love Daddy too. I love Lyia (Lydia) too." Then he gives them each a kiss and hug.
2. Lydia has learned how to draw a heart on her own. So, she now makes "heart stickers" for each person in our family, every day. She goes into the hall closet, closes the door, and draws, colors and cuts out little 1/2 in. paper hearts. Then she uses about half of a roll of scotch tape (we are now out!) to make a tape donut and - voila! - we each have our own heart sticker for the day. Luke gets so excited when she hands them out; he almost trembles with happiness!
3. We have been trying to have one family night during the three days that Nathan has off each week. Instead of always watching TV, I'm trying to come-up with some games to do with the kids. Last time we did charades, and this week we did pictionary. Of course they love when it's their turn; we whisper an idea to them, and then they draw it or act it out. Such a simple thing, and they go crazy over it! They were literally jumping up and down last night because they were so excited!
4. Our neighbor across the street has a special way of feeding bluebirds. She mail orders these special grubs, and then puts them on a flat bird feeder. Then she rings a bell, and she actually has the birds trained to come and eat from her yard. The kids got to see this this amazing feat the other day, and now they are trying their hardest to do the same in our yard. The first night they tried, they used old bread that I gave them to "feed the birds". They wheeled their bikes over to our back yard gate (their seats), threw the bread through the cracks and started calling in a loud voice, "Here birds! come here birds! We have some food for you!" Meanwhile, they were each hitting a pot or a pot lid with a metal spoon, because we don't have any bells. The meal has moved to old cereal and then to bird seed that I bought for them, but they have still not had any bluebirds come. I wonder why?
No comments:
Post a Comment