Today Nathan - my sweet, amazing and wonderful husband - volunteered (yes, I said volunteered!) to help watch the children at our mom's group at church. He is so great!!!!!! I am the luckiest woman in the world!
Anyways, this post is actually not about him. :) It's about the 9 little girls that he watched. Yes, he had to "supervise" 9 little girls, ages 3-8, and as he said in his own words:
"I really didn't have to do anything. They played completely fine by themselves. They organized their own games, and the rules for each game. They split themselves into two groups to play card games and then created a gymnastics game where each person had a turn to perform. When I asked them to clean up, they hopped right to it and even color coded the toys as they put them away. The whole time I was laughing to myself thinking, "girls are so funny!!" If it had been a group of 9 boys that age, they would have been crazy terrors the whole time." So speaks the truth from a daddy who is learning about girls.
Then when we got home, Lydia had a little emotional breakdown about sharing puppets with Luke. He had chosen to take the Cinderella puppet to bed with him before she got to choose it, and that really ruined her plans. Because, she DID have plans; what girls doesn't? And no, she couldn't substitute another puppet for Cinderella because each puppet had their own part and she would be confused! Again, Nathan came in laughing about girls.
Finally, he went into Luke's room to see if he was ok, and this is what he found: Luke banging Cinderella's plastic head against the wall. When Nathan asked him what he was doing, Luke replied:
"I am practicing Dad."
And that's the end of the lesson folks. Boys and girls are different.
No comments:
Post a Comment