Wednesday, April 10, 2013

the next 15 years...

The weather has finally turned warm down here in the South. High 80's today! We have been waiting, hoping and preparing for warm weather clothing, but we haven't busted out the capris or shorts until this week. This change in the weather has also brought on an amazing phenomenon; one which I know is not specific to only my house. My daughter asks every morning if she can wear short sleeves, then a skirt, then shorts, then sleeveless.....and then flip-flops... (in that order). Warm weather means to her that it is time to wear her fanciest, coolest, tiniest outfits.

It has honestly been warm enough to even wear sleeveless outside - but as my mother always said, and so I tell her, "There is plenty of time to wear sleeveless in the middle of the summer!" (read in a whiny mom voice) And so, I have limited her to wearing short sleeves and shorts this week. Not without some discussion, but it's the rule for now.

What is so hilarious about this occurrence, is that I can LITERALLY remember doing the same thing to my mom - yes, even in PA it gets hot! - and asking from mid-April to September if I could wear sleeveless and flip-flops, or my favorite sundress. It's like something that is built into little girls.....and it never really goes away. So, as I explained Lydia's behavior to Nathan, and he laughed out loud at it, I added in a snotty voice, "Welcome to the next 15 years of your life!"

That wasn't so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment