When I am pregnant I, as a rule, try to stay away from all the typical pregnancy complaints and habits.... back pain, eating pickles with ice cream, going to the bathroom all the time, etc. etc. etc.......
However, as I close in on my last full month of pregnancy, it's becoming a bit hard to not act...well...pregnant. My back does hurt; more than it ever did with a baby. I do have to go the bathroom all the time; it's utterly ridiculous. And, I LOVE food. I can't eat as much as I did a few month ago, but I still like it.
Each time I have been pregnant I have decided to like a new food. I cannot remember what it was during Lydia's pregnancy, but during Luke's I decided to like avocadoes. On sandwiches, in fresh guacamole, I LOVE them now! This time around, I have decided that I like mustard. I used to hate it, then I could tolerate it, and the other day I actually put a thin line of it on my hotdog. Super weird.....and delicious! I guess you can convince yourself that you like just about anything; especially when you're starving all the time.
So here is my rant all about my favorite food this time around. I love the "wild maine blueberry pancakes" from Cracker Barrel. I have had them twice in the past week, and I think that I will be making it a point to eat them at least once a week until June. Plus, they just came out with a new form of this pancake that is "multigrain" and has fresh strawberries and raspberry syrup. Oh my! With those crisp, buttery edges and three humungous, fluffy pancakes all stacked together, dripping with butter....I want some right now. Don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment