Friday, May 17, 2013

A Real Miracle!

People say that you lose brain cells each time you have a baby because they suck them out of you during the pregnancy. I would have to agree, although #3 has been a huge leap from slightly insane to completely incompetency over the past six months. Let me give you an excellent example:

Two nights ago I was preparing dinner and I decided that we needed a little something else to go with our main dish. I set out to make the easy drop biscuits that I usually use as a "bread" side. Being proud of myself for actually thinking ahead, I set the oven to preheat. A few minutes later as I began to get out the ingredients, I noticed a kind of burning/bready smell. This seemed odd to me because I had just cleaned out a lovely pile of crumbs from the bottom of the oven - so, I ignored it.

Then, after a few more minutes, I turned to Nathan and said, "Do you smell that? It smells like something cooking.....like something good." I opened the oven, and lo and behold! - four pieces of perfectly buttered and browning garlic bread lay on a cookie sheet in the oven!

I exclaimed, "The bread fairy came!" and Nathan almost died laughing, while the kids looked in amazement through the oven window.
 "Where did it come from?" they kept asking. :)

Where did they come from? I had made them to go with dinner the night before. But, I never cooked them, or even thought about them, until that next night. Needless to say, they were delicious! Perfectly crispy and not hard at all - plus, they were the easiest side dish I had ever made.

P.S. - for any husbands or children that are reading this:  there is NOT a real bread fairy. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment