Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bringing Up A Boy

I know that I have mentioned this before, but raising a boy is so different from raising a girl! Even after only 9 months, I could really start to see the difference. Now, at 16 + months, Luke is showing his different personality and gender characteristics so clearly.......and they are clearly not like Lydia!

Luke loves to wrestle; hard! Lydia always loved to tickle and play on the floor, but Luke will just bowl us over, head first. Good thing he has a hard head like his Daddy.

He's a climber. He goes down stairs standing-up. He pulls out chairs and tries to sit at the table. Lydia never did any of these things until she was past 18 mo. I know girls can be climbers too, but he seems very "boy" about it.

He loves bugs. He will pick-up anything - I really have to be careful - and smoosh it in his hands. He walks across our rock driveway like it's cotton. He doesn't care if he's messy and dirty - he's just a boy!

He has loved trucks since he turned 11 mo. Now he recognizes the train sound all the time, and he ADORES motorcycles. "Mo-mo's" as they are called. He'll spot one a mile away....as well as any construction vehicles. I used to make fun of my friend's little boy for doing this. Well, apparently I just had to wait my turn. :)

Lastly, he knows how to make gun noises. My mom always told me that boys came out with the ability to make shooting, motor revving, fake dying noises. Well, she's right so far. We got him a little rubber band gun - for re-enacting - and he loves it! He automatically knew how to hold it down by his hip, and he walks around saying, "peuw,peuw (how do you write a gun noise??) It's really cute, and satisfying in a way.


I always got a little concerned because of all the dolls, and dress-up, and cooking that he does with Lydia. But no worries now; he's all boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment