Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nap time stinks!

Can I just say that nap time actually stresses me out more than relaxes me? I have felt this building for quite some time recently, and I just want to vent a little bit. It seems like nap time has been reduced to about an hour recently, and that's just not enough time to relax, read, cook, clean, do emails, blog, make phone calls....aaaahhh!!!!!

I know that I don't have to do that all, each and every day. Some days I just want to sit and relax; but I can't if there's something that needs to be done without kids around. I am not one of those people who never does a chore with kids up and about; we do LOTS of chores together! But some things you can't do with kids - cleaning bathrooms, important phone calls, or long emails. I also don't want to save it all up for nighttime, because when Nathan is here, I want to be with him. That's important too.

And recently, Lydia has been hating quiet time, and I really feel bad leaving her in there for more than an hour. She is wide awake, waiting for me to get her! I honestly usually let her watch TV for the first 1/2 hour that she's up, so I can continue my "quiet time". I feel really bad doing that, but I kind of have to. Luke is sure to wake up when we go out into the house and start doing things, and then quiet time is definitely over. It's just so hard!

Ideas on interesting things Lydia can do in her room?
Encouragement on how to organize your short "alone time" as a mom?
Sympathizers to know that I'm not alone? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment