I feel like I am in a very good place in life right now, as a mom. It's funny, because I went to write this blog about 2 weeks ago and it never happened - mainly because the day that I thought about it, my kids started a whining and disobeying stint. They also got sick. Go figure!
But I've decided that I need to write it anyways, to remind myself - and perhaps others - that I need to enjoy the good/easier/sweet times that I do have a parent. EVERY situation has something good in it and as the Bible says, God calls us to rejoice at all times. If we can't find anything in our lives to be happy about, we can at least thank God for Himself and His salvation. But, presently I feel that I have a lot more to be thankful about as well. (This is not meant to make anyone feel bad about their situation - a situation is just that. A moment in time. Situations change all the time for moms....it's our lot in life!)
- I have two kids- no infants, crawlers or babies - and they are super, super cute!
- I have two kids who are almost potty trained! Woot! No diapers!
- I can go on outings that aren't only local and that aren't only scheduled around a feeding schedule....they are flexible and have slowly growing attention spans.
- My kids can play together, and they have so much fun!
- My older child can watch the younger one. She's been doing this since birth, but now it's safe and useful!
- My children can literally help me carry things, clean-up, and even make decisions.
- Both of my kids sleep through the night, almost 12 hrs each. HOORAY!!
- We can read books together, and they both actually stay seated.
Thank you God for these good things in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment