Lydia is very into reading right now. I guess she has always loved books, and I have encouraged it. She is now moving into elementary aged children's books, and I'd like to try a chapter book with her soon, too. She got a little Bible for Christmas, and she's very interested in those stories. She's also super into Strawberry Shortcake.
But, her love of books has actually been getting her into trouble lately. She is constantly "reading" a book - which means reading out loud, in paraphrases of each page, and nothing can deter her from doing this. It doesn't matter who is around - or if anyone is. It doesn't matter if we're already in the middle of a conversation, she keeps "reading". When I tell her to pick-up her toys, or get ready to go, she brings her book with her. And she keeps "reading". She asks to bring the book into the car and keeps "reading". We actually have to threaten to take away her books, if she does not obey right away.
Oh man, I totally deserve this. I have created a book nerd.
No comments:
Post a Comment