It is not Nathan's birthday. It is not Father's Day. It's not our anniversary or really any special day at all. But I feel that I should really take a few minutes to brag about my husband because he just plain deserves it. I am so thankful to have him as my best friend and husband, and here is why:
1. He is willing to help out with chores, housework, kidwork, whatever. He never tells me that it's my job, since I'm the SAHM.
2. He lets me go out and shop, or chat, or run errands by myself because he knows how little time I get without a child around me.
3. He always compliments the food I make - even when I don't think it's very good. He's never refused to eat anything I made.
4. He watches the kids because he loves them, not because I ask him to. He says, "I'm not a babysitter. They are my kids too."
5. He works so hard at his job and provides just perfectly for us (with God's help)
6. He watches Jane Austen movies with me. :)
7. He encourages me to run and stay in shape, and he does it with me. His idea of fun is not only sitting in front of the TV all night long.
8. He listens to me, when no one else would, and sympathizes over the things that bother me. That's a lot, because I'm an emotional woman!
9. He takes time to remind me that this is not all life has to offer. This world is just a small portion of the eternity we have in Christ, and he helps me to focus on that.
He is not perfect, but I am CERTAINLY not perfect either. I love him a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment