A few nights ago the kids and I were playing dress-up. I will admit, I suggested it. And I also suggested that we dress-up as princesses...because, really, what else is there to dress-up as?? Lydia decided that we would be princesses getting married. CLASSIC.
So, Lydia and I picked out our dresses, jewelry and shoes. She decided to be Cinderella and I chose to be Belle. Then Luke said he was going to be a "pincess" too. Nope, we informed him, he is a boy and needs to be a prince. Unfortunately for Luke we don't have many boy dress-up outfits yet, so he had to make do with blue beads and a little gray derby. We also got out Nathan's Sunday shoes for him to wear - they were only 20 sizes too big. Literally.
Once we were all ready, the marriages began. Luke had double duty at this part; he had to be Prince Charming and the Beast, seeing as we both needed a man to marry. I got to go first. Lydia repeated after me, and then I repeated after her.
Lydia: "Do you take this man to be your husband?"
Me: "I do."
Lydia: "Do you take this woman to be your wife?"
Luke: "Nope."
Lydia looked at me with a knowing look and said, "He does."
No comments:
Post a Comment