Friday, May 25, 2012

10 Reasons to become Amish

I had this list ready before I went to PA, but I thought I'd wait to write about it until after I had visited the beautiful country side....seen the tranquil farms in the hills and valleys at sunset.....heard the soft bellows of the cows and chirp of the crickets....eaten the delicious homemade peanut butter sticky buns from the Mennonites down the road....well, you get the drift. All I'm saying, is that if someone offered us a farm in PA, and we had to become Amish (well - actually Mennonite because they are a bit more open and Evangelical, but that's just a side note) WE WOULD DO IT. No questions asked. We have seriously discussed it, and we'd jump at the chance.

So, any farms for sale? :)

1. You get to live on a farm. Come on people, there is NO cooler place to grow-up!
2. You could have a huge garden and provide your family with all the basic foods.
3. You never have to go clothing shopping again - it's all picked out for you.
4. You would have amazing meals every day, at every meal (I would have to start an Amish walking club to counter balance that)
5. You would have enough schedule in your life that you wouldn't have to worry about what you're doing tomorrow or next week - but enough time to relax and enjoy life with family and friends.
6. Did I mention that you get to live on a farm, in beautiful PA Dutch Country? If you've never been, you really should visit there. I'd be your tour guide. :)
7. No cell phones, no computers, no TV's to suck the life out of you. It sounds amazing!
8. There would always be time for family and friends; getting together to just hang out - no scheduling a play group in two weeks from now, for one hour.
9. Your kids would get to work along side of you.
10. The focus of life is God, Family and then Work- not just for you, but for the whole community!

Some of you may see these things as rules that confine a person, but I see them as the freedom and fulfillment of a simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment