Yesterday I had a lot to praise God for. Not only life, and a house and food and health, but also my kids. As the day started, we did some chores, played outside and had a lot of fun. Right after lunch, and before nap time, they each got to pick something to "play". Luke chose trucks - very surprising - and we each grabbed a toy to start wheeling around. His new favorite thing to do it make his own truck crash into him, and then he lays crumpled on the floor, saying, "I hurt! I hurt!" Whoever has the firetruck then has to rush over to him and fix him....and so on, and so forth. It's pretty cute.
Then Lydia chose to play ballet school. This was a new fantasy that she made-up. She put on her complete ballet dress-up outfit, and I donned a size 4T tutu around my neck. Luke was going to wear a tutu also, but I told him that boy dancers (are they ballerinas?) don't wear skirts. That seemed to satisfy him for a little while. Then Lydia turned on her very own Hello Kitty radio - set to the "G" rated classical station - and we started our warm-ups. Oh I wish I had it on video! She was very serious about each and every hand move, leg kick and stretch. (As we did our warm-ups, Luke was busy cooking in the kitchen with his glass stones. He's going to make an amazing husband some day!)
Then we began our real dance, and the movements got a little tricky. Luke decided he was going to join in, and he put on a HUGE BLACK STIFF TUTU, which turned him into a little black ball of fluff. He would twirl on one foot and spin around about 5 times, only to land on his butt. Lydia had me laying on my back and putting up one, and then two feet and touching my toes. I can't do that without bending my knees a lot; but the kids had their straight legs up behind their ears. Oh, it was bringing me to giggly tears, it was so funny and sweet. So pure. I was enjoying play time with my kids, and I was acutely aware of how great a gift that time was. The rest of the day I just kept thinking about that time with them, and I kept thanking God for these great blessings He has given to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment