Thursday, May 24, 2012

What I'm learning....

There are many things that I am learning right now. I certainly couldn't put them all down in words. And some of these things that are so new to me, may be very very old and easy to you. God is like that, you know? One day you're sitting thinking, and you realize, "Wow! I think I get it now!", or "Gee, I understand that in such a different way." I'm sure He has to work weeks and years on me for some of the smallest things, but I'm thankful that Christ is faithful to continue the good work that He prepared in me. I am so, so thankful!

So, what am I learning? Well, for starters, I love my kids. Sorry if this surprises any of you, but the first four years haven't been all roses and cream. I've had some very very good times, and some very very yucky times as well. I think that's par for the mom-stay at home mom-parent course. But, I feel like I have changed enough over the past four years that I'm finally realizing the blessing that my children are. I am realizing how beautiful, precious, impressionable, fragile and not mine these children are. And oh! How big my job is to nurture them and train them up in these few early years!

This of course leads me to many thoughts - so many that I can't really comment on them all right now. What about schooling? (how can I protect them and teach them?) What about friends? (I want them to have great friends!) Am I spending enough time with them, and creating great family bonds? Is my home a warm, inviting place for them to be live in? Are discipling and training them as we should? The list goes on and on. Now, of course I have known that all of these thoughts and concerns were coming; I had read and heard countless older parents tell me that there are so many responsibilities as kids grow-up. But now that it's here, it's BIG. And I feel a bit overwhelmed.....but I also feel so excited. And fulfilled.

I really do enjoy my job as a mom. It is so important. I am thanking God right now for teaching me, for showing me that. I am sure I won't always feel super excited about being home or taking care of kids and poop and making food and doing dishes...blah, blah, blah. But, I am beginning to be able to look past the current issue, and see the larger scope of my job. And I love the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment