Saturday, December 8, 2012

Weird pregnancy things

I know most women experience various degrees of "weird" things happening in their pregnancy. Some are just too intimate to tell, and others are so obvious that you have to laugh. As I thought about all of the weird things I have experienced thus far in my 13 weeks of pregnancy, I have to admit that this time around has been the weirdest of all so far. Or, at least, it's been weird earlier and more often than the other two times. This doesn't super surprise me, as I was told each pregnancy can get a little more intense.
If you've ever been pregnant, or around a pregnant person, see if you can relate:

- chicken is grossing me out; the texture, the smell - gross. This REALLY cuts down on dinner choices
- my legs and back have been achey in bed since week 6...SIX! (and no, I still don't really have a belly) I have a long, non-sleep filled year ahead of me
- I have been sick for 8 weeks so far, and unfortunately this time around I have a craving for nothing. I wanted Burger King with Lydia, and sweets with Luke, but nothing this time. Booh!
- even though I don't want to eat anything, I am STARVING every 10 minutes. When we go out to eat, I feel so happy for 10 minutes in the car, and then the nausea sets in again. It's actually kinda amazing.
- I don't want Chick fil-A peppermint milkshakes at all :(
- I cry at everything. I know this is normal for most pregnant women, but it is ridiculous. I have cried at the last 3 sermons at church, I cry when I watch the show BONES, and I cried at the end of a Veggie Tale movie.
- my favorite is this:  I have to eat BEFORE I run, or I feel really sick and crampy. But, if I'm pretty full and take a run I feel no nausea the whole time. Yay!

It's really not surprising that all these crazy things happen, because we are making a living, breathing human being inside of us. Our bodies are bound to go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment