Do you remember when hoping to have one child seemed daunting and crazy? I totally admit that any children bring a certain level of insanity to a home - but it's funny how your perspective changes as you add more and more to your family. I used to look at people with more than two children and wonder how they managed it; now, I am thinking it is more possible. And after knowing several awesome families with five or more children, I no longer think they were completely irrational in their family planning...although I still am not sure if I am ready for that. One at a time. :)
Well, the other day I finally got to join the group of "crazy" kid havers - and it was confirmed by a stranger at Walmart. I have noticed, now that my belly is finally "out", people do give the kids and I stares as we go about our business at the store or the mall (especially when Nathan is at work). People seem to forget that their children were young once too....but that's another blog for another day. Anyways, our whole family was picking-up a few things at Walmart on Sunday after church, and we walked by a nice little couple with one newbornish child. I looked fondly at the baby and kept walking, but Nathan and the kids were behind me. Nathan saw the man look at Luke, then Lydia and then whisper wide eyed to his wife, "Was she PREGNANT??!!"
Yes. I have finally arrived at crazy station #1. And I feel great about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment