Friday, March 8, 2013

Pre-Baby Joys

I am getting so excited to meet this new baby. I can feel its arms and legs moving around now, and I am almost to the 3rd trimester!! Wow, time is flying by. I know that once we meet this new little one, I will NEVER be able to imagine my life without it again. Isn't that a weird thought? (considering I don't even know if it's a boy or a girl!?)

I also know that my life will never be the same again; a new little personality will be molded into our family and our whole family dynamic will change. It will be a change for the best, because that it is part of God's plan for us. But, there will be some hard things too. Like.....the entire first year. And please note, I STARTED this blog with the positive to emphazie that having a baby is always a blessing. But it's also always a huge change.

So, we are enjoying the pre-baby joys of life currently. The kids and I went to a park at 4:00pm yesterday, and then shopped at TWO stores, before heading home for frozen pizza at 6:30pm. That won't be happening in three months. Tonight, the kids and I had our weekly movie night and I actually watched the whole movie and ate my food in complete peace. That won't be happening in three months. About half of the  mornings each week, Nathan and I get to "sleep in" until 7:30am or later and/or talk before the kids wake-up. That won't be happening in three months either.

You know what? It will be ok. Eventually - in a year or two - we will be back into a "simpler" time of life. We will be able to enjoy these pleasures of life once more. But the cool thing is that we'll have three sweet children to do it with and it will be even better. So I'll just enjoy these pre-baby joys now....knowing that they will return again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment