Tonight as Lydia climbed into bed, she said, "Mom. My hair is a mess. I need to get this rat (rat's nest) out with my finger nails." Then she continued to primp for a for seconds before she snuggled into her covers. "I love you so much mommy," is how she concluded her bedtime routine.
My girl is growing-up so fast. I have begun to see her do so many big kid things. The primping and the personal care are becoming so advanced. She always wants to do her own hair, now that she has learned how to braid and do ponytails. She has her own jewelry collection and I sometimes even let her wear some of it in public!
There are the simple things - like the fact that she uses a regular cup now, and brush her teeth by herself. She can use the bathroom 100% by herself and even correctly blow her nose. :) She is also beginning to love more mature activities like shopping, reading chapter books and even just discussing life. Although she plays very well with Luke, she enjoys being around older girls even more because they can actually plan out and direct their play. One of the biggest changes is that she has realized that she really enjoys playing with girls more than boys (sorry Connor!). This signifies such a huge change in a little girl's life.....until they are 13. I am not thinking about that.
My first baby is growing-up; and I am proud. A little sad too, but it's pretty neat to see it happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment