This is my first "crafty" blog - oooooohhhhhh!!!!! :)
So, I thought I'd just share four things that we're doing to celebrate Easter and Spring with Lydia and Luke. They are quite easy ideas, and most of them are not my own. But, I love to share easy activities like these...it always makes me feel accomplished as a mom when I can do something out of the ordinary or make a simple craft. And I'd love to hear about anything you're doing too!
Easter Egg Hunts: Simple. Buy a pack (or two) of plastic eggs from the Dollar Store. Put them in an Easter basket, or bag, or pail. Let your kids "hide" them - inside OR out - and then have an egg hunt. This takes up HOURS of time, because they find it so fun!! :) Even toddlers enjoy this!
Resurrection Eggs: I made my own this year, and we shared the story with Lydia. I think it really made a lot more sense to her when she could see the objects and hear about the Easter story. I am excited to look through them a few more times before Easter. I got all the stuff from around my house - and I used this blog for the scriptures and set-up:
http://blog.wantingwhatyouhave.com/2009/03/make-your-own-resurrection-eggs.html
Peep Treats: I got this recipe from TOH. Lydia and her friend helped me make them, and they turned out super cute! And, it's a great way to "get rid" of all those peeps you get at Easter. :)
RECIPE: Melt two packages of white baking chips (10 oz); set aside 1/2 C. Stir in 10 oz pretzels sticks and coat well with chocolate. Scoop 25 nests onto waxed paper. Dip peep into melted chocolate and place onto next. Use melted chocolate to attach candy eggs.
PB or Coconut Eggs: My MIL always makes candies for Easter and I have decided I'd like to do the same. Here is the recipe I used last year; it's super easy, only 4 ingredients + chocolate, and again, the kids can help. (I like them best in the fridge)
RECIPE: 1 1/3 C or 14 oz jar PB
1/4 lb sofened butter
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 lb 10X sugar
1. Cream butter and PB
2. Add marshmallow and mix well.
3. Add small mounts of 10X and mix well after each addition
4. Make balls the size of small super balls and then form into eggs.
5. refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
6. coat with white or milk chocolate; add any decorations you want to
** for coconut cream eggs, substitute 1 lb coconut for PB
No comments:
Post a Comment