Monday, April 11, 2011

Thoughts on being the big 2-6

Yes, yes I know - I'm still a baby to many of you. :) But, I'm feeling mature and oldish today as I have successfully completed a quarter of a century on this planet called Earth. I certainly do not take credit; I am thankful to my mother for giving me life, to my parents for raising me, to my husband for keeping me sane and loving me, and to Jesus for being the ultimate provider of life and purpose for me.

I am now pretty much "allowed" to - finally - do whatever I want to. Smoke, drink, drive a rental car, adopt a child in China - all of which I am of course sprinting out to do......well, maybe the adopting part I really will........but seriously, I am excited for a new year in my life! Today I did a few fun things that were "new" for me:

- I wore shorts for the first time this year! WOW - I'm a whitey!
- I dressed-up for myself, to feel pretty and witty and gay! (and for Nathan :)
- I ran 15 min (about 1.5 mi) pushing BOTH kids in the stroller without stopping all by myself!!! I estimate that at about 65 lbs of stuff to push.
- I plan to fully relax tonight, my hubby is making me dinner, and my kids are going somewhere - don't know where - but I'm not worrying about it at all!

And I have some cool things to look forward to and goals in the year to come:

- Nathan's new schooling and job
- having two kids who can walk, "talk" and play!
- not having to nurse a child!!!!
- visiting new and old friends and family throughout the summer
- running more often and faster
- growing a bigger garden with lots of healthy food
- getting involved in a re-enactment group (no need to scream nerd)
- reading more books each month
- becoming a better servant and leader in church

I"m so thankful for life - here are a few pictures from our day.




2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are having a great day! I still cannot believe that you are 26 AND a mama! oh and PS you look totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,
    You are beautiful and I love you so much. This is so fun to read! I feel like I am there with you guys! Your birthday sounds wonderful, and I am so proud of the woman that you are, always have been, and always will be! You, even though you are supposedly my "mini-me", are a role model to me in the way you live your life as a Christian woman, wife, and mother. May God bless you with a wonderful and perfect evening! Also, I love your pretty toenails! (heehee!) Isn't it great that it is warm enough to show them off? ;)
    Love you honey, happy birthday!
    Love,
    Lori :)

    ReplyDelete