Sunday, April 3, 2011

Littering

The other day Lydia saw a plastic bag up in a tree as we drove by, and she was quite concerned. She wanted someone to get it down, and she told me that the store people had put it up there. I told her that someone had unfortunately littered and that it was not good to throw trash outside or out our windows. Trash goes in a trashcan.

Then a few days later we went to Chick-fil-A. I got a milkshake, and Lydia got to eat the cherry from the top. She put the stem in her cup holder. Two days after that she found it, and asked "What is this?" I said, "Oh, just a little piece of a cherry. Here, you can throw it out the window," and I lowered her window.

She threw it out and then said, "Mommy...it's not good to throw trash out of the window." I smiled and said, "Yes, you're right. But that was just a small piece of food that the birdies can eat. We won't do it again if you don't want to."

She replied in a whisper, "Mommy, if you see a policeman, don't tell him that you did something bad. Okay?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment