Perfection is in the eye of the beholder - this is so true. And when I refer to the "perfect age", I say it knowing full well that there is NO PERFECT AGE...and certainly no perfect kids. (or adults) But, I am so happy that Luke is beginning one of my favorite stages of childhood - "12-18 months"! I know I've only had 3 years of experience with Lydia, but so far this age was my favorite.
Luke is 11.5 months, and he is doing so many adorable things. He's getting ready to walk.....slowly, but surely......he's learning to dance to music, sing along, hide things in buckets, clean-up toys, and in general, occupy himself. It's so neat how his brain is growing so much too! He is understanding commands and questions - you can ask him animal sounds, and he tries to make a few. (his favorite is a dinosaur. ha ha:) He is trying to say words, like "ha" for hi, "mama", "dada", "uh-oh", and "mah" for more. It's really neat that he wants to communicate. Oh, and he's learned "yes" and "no" head shaking - that I could do without.
What I super love about this stage is that they are not babies any more! No more nursing, no more up at night, no more backwards car seat, no more blobs! Of course, I will cry more than a few times because my baby boy is growing-up - but seriously, I'm a mom. :) At 12-18 months, these little "toddlers" can be so independent, so capable and fun; and yet, they still want their mommies and daddies, and they are still so little and precious. It's great.
I just remember feeling like Lydia had finally become a person, and like she was becoming my little "friend". I love that it is almost summer, and with Luke on the move very soon, we will be able to do so many fun things as a family. Today, the two kids and I sat on the grass outside and played roll-the-ball together. All of us, each sitting alone. It was too cute!! It's the simple things that count. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment