Monday, January 16, 2012

Luke, the 1.5 year old

Lately Luke has been doing the funniest things....he REALLY reminds me of Lydia at this age! He is a little less verbal, but he is a boy and he is not Lydia. But he clearly communicates what's in his brain - the things that are in there are super funny!

This past weekend we went to an open house for a new emergency room that opened in our area. I really wanted to take Lydia to have her see the rooms and the equipment, etc. I figured Luke could come along for the ride; especially because there were supposed to be free kids' activities and he wanted to see the ambulances.
They both really enjoyed it. We got to ride on a shuttle, see the new rooms, eat free food and they each received a brand new sock monkey. The nurses at the sock monkey station helped them put name bands on their monkeys and perform little "doctor procedures" on them. Then they gave each child some scrubs and kid sized masks. No one said a word to Luke directly about taking care of his monkey. But when we got home, he walked straight back into Lydia's room . When I came back to see what he was up to, he had gotten out the Dr. Kit and he was checking out his monkey. All by himself. :)

Today, Luke had an idea. He took his green blanket and spread it out on the floor. Then he started saying, "March, March" while he marched back and forth on it. I thought that was cute. Then he said, "Moo Cow." I was confused. There weren't any cows on the blanket, just cars. In a few minutes Lydia came over to me and explained, "Mom. Lukey is being the Chick Fil-A cow and marching back and forth on the grass." (we have a Chick-Fil A near our house) I looked over, and Luke was smiling and started saying, "moo! moo!" Oh my, what an imagination and memory that child has!

No comments:

Post a Comment