Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My favorite birthday present

I received my favorite birthday present this morning. I had already received some pretty cool things - mini cupcake pan, a new running watch and handmade cards.

But my favorite present was presented by my favorite people....Nathan, Lydia and Luke. Let me set the stage. I came out of my room after a good long 1.5 hrs of being alone - they were making the cake that I wasn't supposed to know about - and then I had a relaxing breakfast with them.  Before I could eat though, I had to open my present. So much for making it last! :)

As I opened up each small gift, Lydia kept commenting, "I don't know what's in there." Just as she had continually told me this week that she had bought something, but it wasn't for me. (tee hee!) First I opened a new, working can opener. Sweet! Then I received a new, working veggie peeler. My life is easier now.

Lastly, I found TWO ALUMINUM CUPS in the bottom of my birthday bag. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!?? EXACTLY what I WANTED! I had been looking at them online during my 1.5 hrs alone in my room! What are they for, you might be asking? We need them for our re-enacting this weekend! And my almost 4 year old daughter had spotted them in Walmart, and remarked to Nathan, "Dad. We need these for re-enacting. I think Mommy would like them."



I had never told her that we needed them, and I had never asked for them. THAT is one amazing, favorite birthday present. Receiving something that I wanted, and having my 4 year old read my mind. woo-hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment