This year, for Lydia's 4th birthday, I started a new Hardenbrook family tradition. I totally stole this idea from a fellow MOPS mom, so thanks to Julianne. :)
After Lydia fell asleep on April 23rd, the day BEFORE her birthday, I snuck into her room and put up a few streamers and four - for four years old- cute helium balloons (geeze, those things are noisy!) Then I waited in anticipation for her look of surprise and joy!
I didn't actually get to see it, because she got out of bed before me; but Nathan saw her, and he said she was just glowing. Here is a picture:
She carried those balloons around ALL DAY LONG. She brought them to the table for meals, into the bathroom to pee, into her room for nap - seriously, they were her favorite present! And, as she explained to my mom over the phone, they were the "expensive" balloons. Oh my, what have I turned my children into? Four, $1 balloons from the Dollar Tree, and they are set.
I can't wait to do it for Luke next Tuesday. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment