I have been running a lot lately. A lot for me, that is....at least 3 times a week, and getting-up to 2.5 miles, 9 min. mile pace and under. That's pretty darn good for me. I still don't totally enjoy running, but I'm starting to look forward to it more. I think one of the main reasons is because I am getting a chance to run ALONE and with MUSIC. Wow, what a combination!
The running alone part has its pro's and con's. I run much faster and longer with Nathan. Plus, I love being with him and the kids. It is harder for him, because he has to run slower for me and he has to push the kids, but we do it at least once a week to be together as a family. Plus, it's good for the kids.
But since he is now off every single morning of every single day, I actually have the opportunity to run by myself; and my runs aren't super long, so I'm not away for hours. I hope that I am not the only mom who breathes a sigh of relief when I can get into a car alone, not having to strap in a kid, and not having to lug along a diaper bag. I feel a great sense of freedom, a renewal in my spirit from just a few minutes of driving and running alone. I think that's allowed. :)
I have also been running while listening to my NEW iPod (the NEW, FREE iPod) (the NEW, FREE iPod that clips easily onto my shirt and is the size of a saltine) Yes, I like my music. I feel a bit uneasy admitting this, as I have thought in the past that real runners - AKA, Hardenbrooks - do not run with music. BUT, if I am actually still doing some serious running, and not just lollygag jogging, then I think I'm ok.
Plus, it's helping me run better. I can run longer and feel better while I'm listening to music. It's all mental, as most running is. I am focusing on something other than my pain, I am listening to something other than my labored breathing. It's really a great thing.
What do I listen to? A nice mix of all our favorite God-glorifying music....Bart Millard hymns, Cademon's Call, Sarah Groves, accapella hymns and Andrew Peterson. It's really a wonderful time of just focusing on God and thanking Him for the ability to run. Plus, it makes me so much more ready to face the day and help my family out. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment